Win tickets to MasterChef Live & meet Matt
How would you like to win tickets to MasterChef Live and meet Matt backstage? Well here's your chance. Matt has five double passes to giveaway to MasterChef Live on December 10.
Each of the five winners will win:
- 2 VIP tickets to the MasterChef Live Cooking Spectacular at 7pm on Friday, December 10.
- A meet and greet with Matt in the backstage green room at MasterChef Live.
- Full-day access to the Festival of Cooking.
- Full-day access to the Jaguar VIP lounge
- 2 x meal vouchers for Restaurant Row.
All you have to do to enter is complete this sentence in 25 words or fewer: "I would like to meet Matt Preston because..."
Email your entries to info@MattPreston.com.au by 12pm Tuesday, December 7, winners notified by 12pm Wednesday, December 8.
Full terms and conditions at the bottom of the 'News' page on www.MattPreston.com.au
Join me, George and Gary for three action packed days of MasterChef Live!from 10-12 December. Watch as Adam and Marion join us for a live60-minute cooking spectacular, then spend the rest of your day at Australia's first Festival of Cooking!
MasterChef Live! - proudly supported by Coles - will be held for three action-packed days from 10-12 December, 2010 at the Hordern Pavilion and Royal Hall of Industries, Moore Park.
The live theatre show brings together Gary Mehigan, George Calombaris and me for sixty minutes of non-stop cooking action and entertainment,complete with celebrity guest chefs and some of the favourite MasterChef contestants.
Theatre Show Times:
Saturday11am, 1:30pm, 4pm, 7pm
Sunday11am, 1:30pm, 4pm
Festival of Cooking Opening Hours:
Friday & Saturday: 10am - 7pm
Sunday: 10am - 4pm
Handee Ultra Design a Cravat for Matt competition
A big congratulations to the winners and runners-up in the 'Create a Handee Ultra Cravat for Matt' competition. Feast your eyes on these fabulous cravats. Soak up their sartorial elegance. Absorb the intricacy of the designs. Ingurgitate the immense creativity behind each creation. No blotted copy books here - every one's a winner in my eyes!
Winner: Amelia Bignell
Weekly winner: Concetta Raffa.
Weekly winner: Nina Macchi.
|Weekly winner: Shay Akers.|
Weekly winner: Nina Mastra.
Weekly winner: Kitty Belle Norster (photographer: Megan Cardomone).
Eat at participating restaurants from November 8 to December 24 and you'll have the option to add a small donation to your bill. The money collected will be donated directly to grassroots charities supporting homelessness.
StreetSmart Australia and its restaurant partners are calling for Australians to'Dine Out to Help Out' once again this Christmas. In its eighth year,the campaign's winning formula makes it easy for anyone to get involved and raise vital money for grass roots charities supporting homelessness.
Participating restaurants include the highly regarded Longrain,Otto,Coast,Universal,Sake, Red Spice Road, Mezzo Bar&Grill, Ladro,Cutler&Co, Il Centro Restaurant & Bar, ecco Bistro, Urbane and more.
A complete list can be viewed at http://www.streetsmartaustralia.org/findrestaurant
Donations can be made at any time on the StreetSmart website.http://www.streetsmartaustralia.org/getinvolved
Logies nominations announced
Australia's favourite food personality, Matt has been short-listed for the Graham Kennedy Award for Most Outstanding New Talent and the Silver Logie for Most Popular New Talent. MasterChef Australia has been shortlisted in the Most Popular Reality Program category.
"MasterChef is very much an ensemble work so obviously I see the 'new talent' nominations as being much about the talent of Gary and George as they are about me," said Matt following the nominations announcement at The Ivy in Sydney on March 29.
"We are very much a team, so Gary and George always deserve an equal share of any credit.Obviously they will rib me mercilessly about the nominations, and even more if I don't win! If I do win we'll have to melt down the Logie to make three little silver ones - one each."
Logie Awards - a message from Matt
Thank you very much to everyone who voted for MasterChef. All of us in front of the camera and behind it are stoked with our Most Popular Reality Program TV Week Logie Award. I'm so honoured to get the Graham Kennedy Award for Most Outstanding New Talent.
Thanks for all your support, cheers, Matt
Australia knows him as the soulful, cravat-wearing judge on this winter's smash-hit MasterChef Australia, but it's Matt Preston's writing that has had culinary circles talking for the last 10years.
Cravat-a-licious brings together Matt's best stories and columns in an irreverent,intelligent,and amusing anthology of his adventures in food.
The book will take you from the best restaurants in the world to grungy holes-in-the-wall on the wrong side of town; from the ritual of a traditional pig annual kill to lunch at a Sikh temple in the suburbs.Basically wherever the world's best food can be found.
Cravat-a-licious features insightful interviews with some of the world's most influential food personalities, romps across continents in search of the world's finest salt and sugars, and some sneak peeks - from the compelling to the completely bizarre -behind the scenes of Australia's biggest TV show, MasterChef.
You'll also find simple solutions for creating everything from jam to the perfect risotto, to an authentic Seventies' soiree, all told in Matt's unique style.
Released on October 1, 2009, Cravat-a-licious showcases the stories that won Matt the title of Australia's Best New Food Writer in 2000, those that subsequently saw him win top national awards for both his food and recipe writing, and the writing that earned him his current title, Le Cordon Bleu World's Best Food Journalist.
Music from another platter - music for cooking, music for eating
While MasterChef Australia judge and food writer Matt is a man passionate about food, music is actually his first love.
Growing up in London, Matt's first musical influences included Deep Purple,The Stones, Caravan, The Clash, The Ramones and The Stranglers.
“In the 60s I lived in the same Chelsea street where The Rolling Stones lived and - ten years later - where punk was born, so music has always been part of my life," says Matt. "While a teenager I DJ-d at the local club and my first real job was working for an entertainment magazine.
"There a large part of my time was spent organizing and promoting concerts and clubs with artists as diverse as Nirvana, The Shaman, Nina Simone, Baba Maal and Sleepy Le Beef. Music is as much a passion as food.”
On November 20, 2009, Matt realises a long-standing dream to combine his loves of food and music with Sony Music releasing a 2CD compilation of his favourite tunes to cook and entertain to.
A welcome addition to any dinner party, and a perfect backing track to any post-party cleanup, the album features and eclectic collection of tracks from artists including Eva Cassidy, The Lemonheads, Pink,The Psychedelic Furs, Metro Station and Augie March.
“To program two CDs of some of my favourite music - the music I like to play when I'm in the kitchen or at the table - has been so much fun,"says Matt.It's an eclectic bag that ranges from songs I grew up with to the soundtrack of the last 12 months which has been the most unusual ride of my long, frightfully illustrious career,” he says.
Called Tough CD1is music to cook to and music to clean up to. It's the stuff tolisten to when you need to shake your butt or tap your feet as you are preparing a meal... or cleaning up after it. Washing up has never been so much fun!
CD2 is called Tender and features tunes with a bit of depth and a little less bass, providing a backing track of melody and rhythm to which you can create the perfect mood whether you are dining with friends or enjoying a special night with the one you love.
As a food lover, Matt Preston understands just how important music can be in the preparation and enjoyment of a meal, hence his desire to put together a compilation album. “This is my ultimate mix tape of tunes that get you pumping along in the kitchen and dining in harmony," he says. "And hey,if you want to dance or just energise the tedium of washing up, you can always pop that first CD in again at the end of the night!
"The aim of the album is to reflect some of my top tunes ranging from early Stax to new Australian classics. There is some familiar stuff, there is the stuff you've forgotten you love and there are some tunes that may be unfamiliar but which I suspect will become much-loved favourites including Rod Stewart's Reason To Believe, Otis Redding Mr Pitiful and Faithless Don' Leave.”
Music from another platter is in stores from November 20, 2009.
|CD1 Tough |
Hot and cold
Katie Miller Heidke
Can't shake it
If you seek Amy
Dead or Alive
You spin me round
Groove is in the heart
Empire of the Sun
Walking in a dream
I'm not alone
Mark Ronson feat' Daniel Merriweather
I'm not your stepping stone
The Psychedelic Furs
It's a shame about Ray
Suddenly I see
Fade into you
Under the Milky Way
One crowded hour
Reason to believe
Can't get enough of your love
The dark end of the street
Stay with me baby
Sunday morning coming down
To her door
My baby just cares for me
That old devil called love
Meet Matt Preston at MasterChef Live
Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The Promoter is Brand Events, 35/94 Oxford Street,
Darlinghurst, NSW 2010 (ACN: 72 131 114 308), (Promoter).
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry.
3. Entry is only open to residents of Australia. Proof of ID may be required. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and any parties or agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
4. To enter, entrants must be available to attend MasterChef Live in Sydney on Friday, December 10, 2010 and attend the 7pm session of the Live Cooking Spectacular and must complete the following sentence in 25words or fewer:
“I would like to meet Matt Preston at MasterChef Live because ”
5. Entries must be emailed toinfo@MattPreston.com.au by midday (12pm) on Tuesday, December 7 and include the words “MasterChef Live Competition” in the subject line.
6. Only one entry per person will be permitted. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right toverify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers withthe entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
7. The promotion commences at 5PM AEDST on December3, 2010. Entries close 12 pm (AEDST) on Tuesday December 7, 2010. The winners will be notified by email by midday (AEDST) on Wednesday December 8, 2010 in the first instance and published on www.MattPreston.com.au. Entrants acknowledge that the prize will only be available for claiming for a limited period as specified in these Conditions of Entry. Where the prize remains unclaimed as at 12pm (AEDST) on December 9 2010, the Promoter will determine such other winner(s) on that date,as are necessary in order to award the prize.
8. The five entrants with the most creative and original answer to the competition question will win:
2 VIP tickets to the MasterChef Live Cooking Spectacular on Friday, December 10.
A meet and greet with Matt Preston in the backstage green room at MasterChef Live.
Full-day access to the MasterChef Live Festival of Cooking.
Full-day access to the Jaguar VIP lounge at MasterChef Live.
A complimentary glass of wine or beer or soft drink.
2 x meal vouchers for Restaurant Row.
Total value $500 (per winner and guest).
Total competition value $2,500.
9. The prize value is quoted in Australian dollars.Neither the Promoter nor any other parties or agencies associated with this promotion accept any responsibility for any variation in prize value.
10. The winner must review and comply with these Terms and Conditions of Entry, as well as the Conditions of Sale and the Conditions of Entry to the Event (copies of which are displayed at entrances to the Event or are available at www.MasterChefLiveAustralia.com).
11. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The prize does not include travel or accommodation. Prize winners are responsible for making their own travel arrangement to MasterChef Live.
12. Neither the Promoter nor any other person or entity involved with this promotion shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) by the winner as a result of or connected to taking the prize. By accepting the prize, to the extent permitted by law, the winner agrees to exclude, release and forever discharge the Promoter and any other person or entity involved with this promotion from liability for any claim, loss, damage,cost or expense (howsoever arising) which is suffered as a result of or connected to taking the prize.
13. The Promoter collects entrants' personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the entrant may not participate in the promotion. By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use this information, along with any still or moving image or sound recording of the prize winner, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the winner, including sending the entrant electronic messages(including SMS, email, etc) and telephoning the entrant for an indefinite period. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter at their address set out below. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
14. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event he/she is a winner(including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion(including any outcome) or the Event or any future MasterChef Live and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.